About Royal Stage
Restoration, Outreach, You (in Him!), Adventure, Love
Our non-profit gets its name from the biblical concept that we are sons and daughters of a King - a royal priesthood. Every single person on this earth has a purpose, a plan and a hope. Through the various facets of our organization, we encourage and love everyone regardless of religious background, we go on crazy adventures together – and we do it all in the name of Christ’s love in a super creative way!
Jubilation, a participant-driven showcase
Sacramento County is one of the leading areas in the United States when it comes to the tragic issue of human trafficking. We take an official stand against child and teen prostitution, as well as preventing future generations from entering in to such a life.
- We teach free dance classes to children & teens in Sacramento group homes each Monday evening
- We have teens & adults involved in both our Sacramento & Roseville groups that have overcome various forms of abuse
- We donate a portion of our proceeds quarterly to anti-trafficking organizations that go where we cannot yet
- We spread a message of hope, encouragement and eternal love at every single performance outreach we do.
We believe that performing and visual arts are a wonderful, valuable experience no matter where you come from. But the arts can also be risky, inappropriate and discouraging. Or, at worst – inaccessible.
- We distribute over 1000 free tickets to our productions annually so those who have never experienced live theater – can!
- We never force someone to pay for our programs. Our registration fees are also lower than anywhere else in the region.
- All participants, regardless of age, are encouraged and required to participate in community service and outreach.
- We serve outside of performing arts – we do not have an “us and them” mentality. We get off the stage and in the trenches.
You (in Him!)
- We are a Christian, 501c3 non-profit organization.
- We strive for excellence as we train people up in dance, drama, music and visual art, because God calls us to excellence
- A leader is available at every single rehearsal and performance to pray and encourage you whenever you need it
- Participants grow in self-esteem, faith and skill level through our group
From dinner theater to overseas performance tours, we embrace our adventurous spirit! Each year our performers serve at various locations throughout California, and we also travel overseas (next up? Romania). Everywhere we go, we share about the wild adventure of unconditional love and hope – and we’ve seen lives changed because of it! The arts are theraputic and also just plain fun.
We do NOT tolerate “diva” attitudes. We accept everyone into our programs, and pretty much the only thing that changes that is an unwillingness to be humble and helpful.
- Positive, Christ-like attitudes from participants are mandatory
- Responding lovingly to those we meet on outreaches or those who don’t know us is required
- Being the same person inside and out (including your Facebook) is requested
- Lifting each other up with encouraging words and prayers, realizing everyone is on a different path, is essential.
Our number one goal is to get back to the basic messages of Jesus’ love and passion for others, while providing quality instruction and entertaining outreach productions to pass these concepts on to others.
Royal Stage focuses primarily on dance and theatrical training, and offers each year:
- Two participant-driven showcases
- One full-length dance & drama collaborative
- One full-length musical
- Stateside touring opportunities
- Overseas outreach trips (every other year)
- Free arts education to those in need
To learn how you can get involved in Royal Stage, please visit our auditions & participation page.