Please note that all participants, current and incoming, MUST attend an information meeting! For the year, these meeting dates have passed, however you may arrange a makeup date as long as it is before Jan 8. Please contact us to arrange this, or speak to your class instructor.
"For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago." Eph 2:10
Season auditions are held every August. To be considered for a main role, there are no exceptions to the set audition date, which is announced two months prior on this website. If you are viewing this during other times of year, please contact us directly to get involved. We conduct private and small group auditions year round.
Joining Royal Stage is easy, fun and affordable. However, there are ways you can prepare for auditions and rehearsals.
- All auditioning must fall within the age parameters 2 months prior to scheduled performance date.
- Actors – come prepared with a monologue or skit.
- Singers – come prepared with a song WITH AN ACCOMPANIMENT TRACK. We cannot accommodate sheet music at this time.
- Should you accept a role, we ask you to make an $100 registration donation to help cover costuming and production costs. This fee is all-inclusive for one portion of the season (Sept-Dec, Jan- March, April-June).
- You must be a bible-believing Christian actively plugged into a church, bible study or other Christian fellowship, EXCEPT for children's productions.
- During winter rehearsals, please use the “buddy system” when leavingthe studio, and parents of young dancers arehighly encouraged to meetthem at the studio door.
- Humble, willing and kind attitudes.
- Attendance is KEY. Cast members are permitted to miss no more than 3 rehearsals at any point in the season portion - no exceptions.
- Be prepared to practice on your own with dances, line memorization and songs.
- Please come to each rehearsal with a bible verse or testimony toshare.
- We ask that each participant help with fundraising. There are 4 fundraising options each year, which will be presented at auditions. If you do not wish to fundraise, there is a "buyout" registration option of $345.
- All female students and cast members are required to wear a tank leotard to every rehearsal. You can purchase this in whatever color you’d like, but for performances it must be nude, tan or black. You may order them through Royal Stage for $12.00, or on your own here. Similar leotards are acceptable for rehearsal, but must be the tank style.
- No jeans, strapless tops or skirts are ever permitted during dance rehearsals. Spaghetti strap tops are only allowed when over a leotard.
- Dancers may rehearse in ballet or jazz shoes, jazz sneakers, half soles, foot paws or in bare feet. For performances, your choreographer will specify the footwear they prefer. If you choose to dance barefoot, and your choreographer feels it is hindering your performance, you may be asked to wear footwear.
- Hair must be pulled back out of your face during ALL types of rehearsals.